Thursday, November 15, 2007

Does $100.00 a Barrel for Oil Mean $4.00 a Gallon for Diesel (in the U.S.)

Does $100.00 a Barrel for Oil Mean $4.00 a Gallon
for Diesel (in the U.S.) is Right Around the Corner?

Are You Letting “Business Conditions” Run Your Business?


When fuel went to $1.87 for off-road fuel in the U.S. market, I thought the machine owners would come un-glued. When it went to $2.50 I was sure they would change their business practices. I was wrong on both occasions.

Many are doing the same thing at three dollars a gallon that they did at $1.20. This is a big mistake that is costing machine owners billions of dollars world-wide.

A smart few have gotten mad as heck and done something about this!

You have to be sick of being the tail not the head. Sick of sucking up anything and everything dished out to you. You have to get mad and say “I am not taking it anymore!” As long as you think you don’t have any choice or say in the matter, I assure you…you will not have any choice! I love what Henry Ford once said to his engineers. “If you think you can, you can. If you think you can’t,” you can’t. Do you desire a change? How badly do you want it?

When you get mad enough to start to ask questions like “How should I, or can I modify my business system to protect myself and profits from changing fuel costs? What changes do I need to make today? Who could best help me to look at my business differently? I know how I have done it all these years …but who could give me a different prospective?"

Now you are really starting to bring in fresh ideas.

You have to believe that someone out there in the world might know something that you don’t know. One of the smartest businessmen I know said to me, “Dan, when I go into a board room, if every person around the table is not smarter than me, I have got the wrong guys at that table”. You have to believe that it might be possible to do things differently and make more money in this business, and have less risk, than you currently have today.

Last, you have to be willing to take action. Just saying “I am not going to take it any more” with no action, will avail little. It is like the little boy saying about the bully, who has been bothering him a school…“I am not going to take it anymore”. So what are you willing to do or going to do to change situation?

According the heating oil futures market experts whom I have been listing to on CNN CNBC, MSNBC and Fox Business, the prognosis is YES, fuel prices are going up. One said $4.00 by Christmas! I don’t know the future any better than you. But I do know that you have to stop being passive about the cost of diesel fuel and machine cost in general.

It is going to take:

  • Desire
  • Belief
  • Action

It takes more than just these three things for success. However, without these three, we don’t have chance. We are doomed to be the tail and just let the “river of life” carry us where it wants to go.

If you have even a shred of any of these three things and you are willing to change your business systems, processes and procedures, call me. We may be able to work together to come up with a plan that will protect the fine business that you have been blessed with and bring new Best Practices to your company.

Oh, by the way, even if you don’t believe you can do anything about the high cost of diesel fuel and gasoline, Click on this link www.DecisiveCost.blogspot.com and click on the link Fifteen things you can do today about the cost of fuel. If you have even a shred of any of these three things and you are willing to change your business systems, processes and procedures, call me. We may be able to work together to come up with a plan that will protect the fine business that you have been blessed with and bring new Best Practices to your company.

Oh, by the way, even if you don’t believe you can do anything about the high cost of diesel fuel and gasoline, click on the link on the right, Fifteen things you can do today about the cost of fuel.

Dedicated to your success,

Dan Rooks

President

Decisive Systems, Inc. "The Owning and Operating Cost People"In the U.S.

Call 800-232-5767International 941-926-9260

drooks@decisivecost.com http://www.decisivecost.com/

Did someone forward this to you? Why not subscribe to the newsletter yourself? Just click on Info@DecisiveCost.com and include the word Subscribe in the Subject Line.

Want to comment on the issues raised here? Go to Comments (below) and add your comments no matter if you agree or disagree.

1 comment:

diesel trucks for sale said...

“If you think you can, you can. If you think you can’t,” you can’t. Do you desire a change? How badly do you want it? Maybe in the case that there us the high price of fuel, the pickup that has fuel efficiency.